Thursday, April 30, 2015

la douleur exquise

Delicate whispers fall from your lips,
Sweeter than a parting kiss.
The lovers' joy that's all a facade,
The realization that it's just a game.
The truth is bitter when you speak.
Your hand is cold to my body as they meet.
I dance with delusion and trial and gain,
I seek the words you give in vain. 
The bluntness of the harsh reveal,
It's more than this fragile soul stands to feel. 
The vulnerability that is at stake,
The love you once gave, but now you only take. 
I scrape I crawl I yell I cry,
I push I shove I ask you "why?"
The wreckage that your lack leaves behind 
Is a pride less path my heart must find.
I know you now not as before,
But as someone who must always settle the score.
You see through me like I'm not there, 
A time filled gap that you must bear.
The seconds pass and tick and tock,
While I discover that the key does not in fact fit the lock... 
The one I thought so specially made for me, 
This girl who dares and loves and dreams,
Who bears it all, her heart and soul. 
You would think by now it should be known, 
The trust it takes to hold a hand 
Is not worth the affections of a fleeting man.

No comments:

Post a Comment